Saturday, June 13, 2009

France Park Logansport, Indiana





These images are from a hidden gem just outside Logansport,Indiana. I spent 13 delightful weeks treating patients at their radiation Therapy Center. This is dead of winter,after a 16 inch snow. It was cloudy and slippery,but fool had to take photos. No professional would have taken these photos. Cardnals have the patients of a four year old with a sugar overdose, and are small. The Goose just backed down a fox and was gloating to his mate,who is exhibiting thoughtful listening . the light was wrong,and the wildlife was sparce. The Park is an old gravel quarry that is absolutely delightful. The deer were on the slope above the frozen lake. A little time in Photoshop and my winter visit turns out to be eventful. So on cloudy 20 degree days there are pictures to be taken. Will it win NAPP's photo of the week. No. Will Collin,Al, Scott,or Dave go wild over the accidental photoshoot. no. did I get to my adventure with wife and friends. You bet. I got great practice in Photoshop. If anyone ever sees this, how about putting up your special moments. Pictures tell stories with a great passion. Right now have a horrible leg cramp and a sunburn from getting up close and personal with a glacier. there are very few photos but you can bet one or two will be published. I don't take my near death experiences lightly. From the preview National Geographic won't come calling. My sister is the family writer,my children are great artist, and I have a big heart and try. The banner photo is my wife 35 years ago, and the picture of the mother lion and cub reminded me of what a fabulos mother she is. Because, even when your children are in their 30s,they need a mother,s love. A note to Al Ward. Because of you; i get things in photoshop that would have taken me years longer to learn. Your website is the best in Photoshop, and NAPP is right there behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blind Puffin.

This little fellow was rescued at Seward, Alaska, in The Alaska Aquatic Center. What I thought was a beautiful red eyed bird was actually a very wonderful blinded Puffin. Instead of being seal bait; he lives a very calm life in the Aquatic Center. This picture speaks wonders of the need to value life. I am no bleeding heart, but I do fight the great demon cancer on a daily basis. I think this Puffin represents the least of these, very well. He is a great symbol for the beauty of compassion

Followers

About Me

My photo
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Traveling Radiation Therapist who happens to love Photography and is on a budget,a very low budget