Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Therapy Dogs







The top picture is of my dogs and me. The big headed boy has recently departed. The sassy girl is still sassy. The other 3 dogs are part of 8 lobby therapy dogs I photographed for The Big Horn Radiation Oncology department. these dogs engage the patients and brighten their life. I treated as a Radiation Therapist for 8 weeks. They were a sheer delight to be with. They connected me with my patients as I have never been connected before. I made a point of taking each dogs picture with their owner. We have shots of our dogs,of ourselves,but way to rarely shots of our dogs with us. The Cheetah and flowers are from a local park in Palm Springs, The Living Desert. Remember a picture captures a moment in time. When you hide because it doesn't meet a particular standard, you hide the moment. A Professional could have exceeded my work,but he or she hasn't embraced the project. Now these selfless owners have the gift of memories. Each has a CD with pictures of 8 magnificent creatures. Someone can always take a better picture,but someone is not always available. Share your work, and it can bring joy to others. A Photograph doesn't have to have a price to be valuable.




1 comment:

  1. this is awesome stuff! How long have you been doing nature photography?

    ReplyDelete


Blind Puffin.

This little fellow was rescued at Seward, Alaska, in The Alaska Aquatic Center. What I thought was a beautiful red eyed bird was actually a very wonderful blinded Puffin. Instead of being seal bait; he lives a very calm life in the Aquatic Center. This picture speaks wonders of the need to value life. I am no bleeding heart, but I do fight the great demon cancer on a daily basis. I think this Puffin represents the least of these, very well. He is a great symbol for the beauty of compassion

Followers

About Me

My photo
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Traveling Radiation Therapist who happens to love Photography and is on a budget,a very low budget